CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 25, 2008

I put my Mom to WORK!!!!

I thought I should take the time to brag about my Mom a little bit. Over the last few weeks I have asked her to do quite a bit of work to help me complete Parker's nursery. Since I can't sew whatsoever, but like to come up with a lot of grand ideas that involve sewing, I rely on my mother, who can sew, to carry them all out! And if you know me, I am super-picky about how I want things done, like to make sure everything is perfect and not always the easiest person to work with...but in my defense it is sometimes hard to convey the picture you have in your head to another person!


With that being said, I have to tell you that my Mom was able to create the following items exactly as I had them pictured in my head...I guess she must know me pretty well, huh? You might have seen some of these items in the post about Parker's nursery and thought they were professionally made or came with the bedding, but no, my Mom actually made them with her own hands, all without a single complaint. All I did was order the fabric and bark directions! Can you believe she is still willing to work on a couple of other items for me?


Minky brown and lime green stroller blanket

Minky pillow cases for the crib

Minky blanket for the crib

Memory board...this turned out fantastic...she even covered the buttons with the brown and cream houndstooth fabric!

No comments: