CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2008

A False Alarm

As of now, still no baby, but I definitely thought otherwise Saturday morning. At about 6:30 that morning I woke up to a nice big wet spot in our bed and was sure that my water had broke. I wasn't having any contractions, but didn't think that was too weird because I didn't start getting contractions until after my water broke with Tristan. So, I called the on-call doctor to see what we should do.

Naturally, this all had to happen on a Saturday, so I couldn't just call my regular doctor and run to her office for a quick check...nope, the on-call wanted me to go to the hospital since I was already 4 cm dilated, even though I wasn't leaking any more fluid. Although I did think it was a little odd that I wasn't leaking any fluid, I wasn't sure what else that spot all that liquid could have been...and I know I didn't pee on myself!!!!!

I proceeded to get myself ready, pack a bag for Tristan to go over to Victor's moms and called my mom so that she could come with me and Victor could go to work (with the intention of coming to the hospital if my water in fact had broke). About 2 hours after waking up to the lovely wet spot, we were finally ready to head out the door and still no contractions or signs of labor. I felt absolutely normal, except for some nervous jitters and some major anxiety...I kept thinking that we weren't ready for Parker to be here just yet, we just had way too much to finish up in the house. I just needed one more week.

We got Tristan dropped off at Mildred's house and went over to the hospital where I was checked into the labor and delivery unit...I even had to ride in the wheelchair! After getting into a very ugly hospital gown (why can't they make them a little prettier?), the nurse strapped a heartbeat monitor on my tummy to monitor Parker's heartbeat and proceeded to input all my medical info in their computer. During this time she was waiting to see if I leaked any more fluid so that she could test to see if it was amniotic fluid. After about 30 to 45 minutes, she did a test and turns out my water didn't break afterall. I had some weird random gush of fluid, and no, I still don't think I peed on myself...I know what pee smells like, and I will just leave it at that!

So, I was released and told to make sure to go to my next doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Like I wouldn't go, right? Maybe when I see the doctor tomorrow she will have a better explanation about the fluid and some news about Parker's expected arrival date.

The one positive about our little false alarm is it really made Victor and I get in gear to get our house back to normal, some of which was out of our control until after tomorrow, but we are working really hard to get everything finished. I will post more about that tomorrow, along with a lot of new pictures since hopefully I will be working from our desktop computer by then.

No comments: