CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 4, 2008

And the work has begun...

YAY, we finally got started on Parker's nursery!!! On Wednesday we decided we were going to go ahead and have wood floors put down in the nursery and that decision pretty much put us into full-speed ahead, overdrive mode...reason being that the installation is taking place on Monday!

This meant we had to paint (yes, we now decided we were also going to paint one accent wall), empty the closet out, remove all items from the dresser and nightstands, remove all pictures and shelves, remove all the furniture from the room, pull up the carpet and paint the quarter-round molding to go between the floor molding and wood! This is a pretty tall demand for us to do in a matter of a few days since Victor is at work most of the time and I am 8 months pregnant with a one year old!

Thus, we got started right away. I had one day to pick out a paint color and buy it so that Victor could start painting last night. I got it picked out and bought yesterday afternoon, but am a little worried about it...the bedding I bought for Parker is really a hard color to match and I am hoping that it all looks right once everything is finished. I chose to go with a dark green/blue color that is close to the color of one of the stripes in the bedding. I think once we have the floors down and the espresso furniture with the bedding and other decor it is going to look good, but we'll just have to wait and see!!!!

Here are a few pics of the painting progress so far. I will have more as we get all the furniture moved out, floors down and baby furniture up, so stay tuned!!

Getting ready to paint...notice the taped off and bare wall

Started to pack up the pictures and decorations

Playing a little more than painting

Okay, so maybe it could be considered a tribute to Parker

One perfectly painted wall

Parker's bumper next to the wall (color of the wall isn't exactly quite right in this image)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.