CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Finger Crossing Didn't Work

I guess all the finger crossing for Parker not to get RSV just didn't do the trick...I brought him along to Tristan's follow-up appointment this morning and had the nurse swab his nose to test again and sure enough it came back positive. BOO!!!! On the bright side, they are both doing remarkably well and only have to have breathing treatments a couple of times a day (no inhaled steriod).

The doctor said that some kids just tolerate RSV better than others, so I am thinking my kids are two of those kids. Tristan is still running around the house like a maniac, jumping all over everything and being his normal 2 year old self...you wouldn't even know he was sick other than the runny nose, he's even sleeping through the night without a cough. As for Parker, he doesn't even have a runny nose, just a cough here and there (but when he does cough it sounds horrible).

Both of them have to stay away from other kids for at least another week, maybe a little longer for Parker but hopefully the week will fly by...

On a totally different subject, Tristan peed in his potty for the first time ever yesterday! Now, I haven't officially started potty training or anything, I just bought an Elmo potty a few months ago to start getting him familiar with the potty. At first he was scared of it and wouldn't sit on it so I put it away, but pulled it back out about a month or so ago since he was telling me when he pooped in his diaper. Lately, I have noticed he will tell me "poop" and when I check him, nothing, but then a few minutes later there it is. So, I figured maybe he now knows when he needs to go and I would try the whole potty thing.

Yesterday he told me "poop" and there was nothing so I took him straight to the potty and sat him down. He didn't poop in the potty but peed almost immediately. I cheered so loud for him and he smiled so big...he was so proud of himself. He then wanted some toilet paper to throw in the big potty, flush and put the lid down. So, we may well be on the way to potty training, we will just have to wait and see how things go.

Sorry no pictures on this post, but rest assured another "catch up" post will be coming soon with lots of pictures.

2 comments:

The Quinn Report said...

So sorry to hear the news. My fear is my 2 kiddos getting it as well; basically everyone we know has come down with it!

Let me know if there's anything you need!

Courtney said...

Sorry for the RSV....but YEAH for the potty! I am SO looking forward to that day! Occasionally, Clinton shows interest, but we're not quite there yet!