CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Card 2008

I got adventurous this year and decided to design my own Christmas card in Photoshop. Keep in mind I have had Photoshop Elements for about 2 or 3 years but have only used it to do minor editing to my photos (i.e. mostly cropping) and really had no idea how to use the "layers"...those of you with Photoshop experience know what I am talking about and those of you without experience really don't want to know. Let's just say it isn't the most user-friendly software out there, but I was able to come up with something I am proud of.

I ended up making (from scratch) a double-sided 5x7 card which I had printed on a linen texture card at a lab in San Antonio. They were ready yesterday afternoon so I am going to try to pick them up today so I can get them out the door. Hopefully they look as good printed as I think they look on the computer.

Enjoy!

Christmas Card 2008 front

Christmas Card 2008 back

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job!

Merry Christmas Sam & Family!

Anonymous said...

Ready to go into the card making business?

chelsea rose said...

very cute, nice work

Samantha said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I just picked them up from the printers and I like the way they turned out except for the background looks black, not chocolate brown. I should have known the color was going to print darker than it appeared on screen...oh well, they are going in the mail regardless and I will know for next time!