CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Surprise Birthday Visit

Last Friday was my birthday and it was a great one! The day started out a little rocky when Parker woke up at 5a.m. with a tummy ache that resulted in me taking him out for a walk at the crack of dawn just to get him calmed down, but things got better as the day progressed.

I found my gift from the boys on the kitchen counter later that morning...they must have told Daddy what hard work to take care of they are because I got a gift certificate for a much needed massage.

We spent the whole day at home just hanging out and got a visit from Victor's mom and aunt later that afternoon. They watched the boys while I got ready so we could go to dinner at P.F. Changs with my parents. Victor came home and we took an opportunity to take a few pictures of Mommy with her boys since I was actually half-way dressed up (more than my normal at home attire to which I have become quite accustomed to).

Mommy and Baby Parker

Mommy and Tristan

Mommy and her boys-take 1

Mommy and her boys-take 2

We headed off to P.F. Changs in San Antonio and on the way there I decided to call my brother William to give him a hard time for not calling me on my birthday. I figured he probably forgot it was birthday and when he didn't answer I assumed he was out since he is single (I think) and it was Friday night. I hung up the phone and told Victor I couldn't believe he didn't even call me...people are supposed to call you on your birthday, right?!?!?! I put my phone away and didn't give it another thought

We got to P.F. Changs and headed inside where my parents were already waiting. My Mom and Dad were in the lobby and had already checked in for our reservation. I sat Parker down and noticed my Dad waving/motioning to someone and immediately asked what he was doing. For those of you who know my Dad you could understand why I thought this was odd...not exactly the big social type. A minute later my brother walked through the door to the lobby area where we were! I was completely surprised...never in a million years would I have expected him to have flown down from Kansas City for my birthday and to see his newest nephew. I guess that's why he didn't call or answer my call!

I usually never get surprised at things...I almost always know what's going on in advance, what gift someone got me, etc.. so it was really exciting to get surprised! He was only here for two days but I was really happy he came down to see us and visit with his newphews. Here's a few pics from his visit with the kids! Thanks William for coming down!

Uncle William and a very surprised Parker
One family shot...the first one in a very long time
Two goof balls

Just chillin'

Happy Uncle William, mad Tristan, content Parker

Happy Uncle William, smiley Tristan, content Parker
Happy Uncle William, silly Tristan, content Parker
Uncle William and a still very surprised Parker

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hope you had a great birthday. We all love you very much and appreciate everything you do every single day. You are the best wife/mom anyone could ask for. We love you...Victor, Tristan & Parker

Anonymous said...

Awwww..what a sweet comment that Victor wrote! I hope you had a great birthday too. You looked beautiful on your special day!