CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Rewind

After receiving a couple of calls and emails I feel like I should explain/expand on my post about the Simple Things. What inspired me to write that post was the last picture of Tristan with the giant orange balloon. We stopped by the Jeep store one day and he was dying to have a balloon and wasn't going to let Victor and I get away without letting him have one. Once he got that balloon he was in heaven...he walked around the whole store (a hundred times) with that balloon tied to his wrist as happy as can be.

A few days later I downloaded that picture off my camera and it got me thinking how kids don't have a care in the world...they aren't worried about money, their appearance, living/saying/doing the "right" things in life, and all the other worries that go along with adulthood. At this time in their lives, my kids can truly be satisfied by the innocent and simple things in life, they are free of all the thoughts, fears and anxieties that compound an adult mind.

I would love to live my life with the eyes of a child where life and societal pressures don't exist, but I am also a realist who knows that will never completely happen so I decided I should try to stop myself every so often and enjoy the simple things in life that make me happy.

No comments: