CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Quit your whining and do something about it!"

I think this is what more than one person has probably wanted to tell me over the past 3 months when I have complained that I can't lose my "baby weight". So, I have finally decided to get off my behind and do something about it. Beginning Monday I am going back to the gym and starting a "watch what you eat" diet. This is my own version of a diet that I have used before and been successful on. I can't seem to stick to a "no carbs", or "x amount of calories" diet for an extended amount of time...it seems to work better for me to just make smart eating decisions.

My goal is lose about 20 to 25 pounds total, which would put me at my pre-pregnancy weight with Tristan (I never quite lost some of my baby weight from him before I got pregnant with Parker). By November 1st I'd like to have lost 6 to 8 pounds, my first mini-goal on the way to the ultimate goal. I will keep everyone updated from time to time, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I think you should post some kind of meter with your current weight and your goal weight and show us how you're doing! And I "promise" to do the same after next summer. ;-)

Anonymous said...

We are doing the same at work. The Biggest Loser Club-runs for 16 weeks-You gain-pay $3.00/miss a weigh in-pay $2.00/you lose more than everyone else that week-pay nothing, if you lose but not as much as someone else you pay $1.00. The winner after 16 weeks gets all the money! Good incentive for me to get'er done!