CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Babynastics

Tristan started gymnastics class at the beginning of the month and is loving it. He's only been to two classes so far, the third tomorrow, but I had been taking him to the open gym playtime for a few months up until Parker was born. The kids use all the same equipment during the class as open gym but the class is actually structured whereas open gym is just a big free for all for toddlers up to age 5! I know you guys are picturing my giant pregnant self chasing Tristan around with a bunch of other screaming toddlers...I am sure it was quite the sight to see!

A parent is required to be with each child during the class time and seeing as how I have my hands pretty full with Parker, we signed Tristan up for class on Victor's usual day off (Tuesdays), so that he could take him. Parker and I tagged along last week to check out the class and I was pretty amazed at what he could already do, and naturally I took pictures of my little gymnast! By the way, he was the only boy in the class and Victor was the only Dad...don't worry I'm not turning our little boy into a girl, gymnastics really helps children to develop their motor skills. Check out what Tristan can already do below.

Let's roll!

Now, let's go over the bar

Success!

Looking to the coach for some encouraging words

The words must have helped, he's moving now

Daddy explaining to Tristan that he's supposed to jump on the trampoline

Tristan preferred the "running" trampoline instead

Tristan wondering whats next

Next up, climbing, something he's supposed to climb on, unlike our furniture at home

Starting off on the low balance beam

Mastered that one

Onto the high beam

Look at him go

A little play time at the end of class

1 comment:

The Quinn Report said...

He loves it and always does such a good job! Oh, and the art classes I take Salem to are from 415-515 on Wed. evenings in San Antonio. I love the class, but hate that I hit rush hour coming home.