CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 27, 2008

100 degrees and no AC!!!!

Last Tuesday we were having a totally normal day. Tristan went to gymnastics class in the morning, we stopped to pick up bar-b-q from Granzin's (our normal stop after gymnastics) and came home to eat and take a nap. After I put Tristan down for his nap, Parker and I went into my bedroom to relax. We watched a little TV and about an hour later it was time for Parker to eat. I started nursing him and about halfway through I started thinking it was a little warmer than normal in the house and began to get extremely sleepy...when I'm tired already (which I am a lot these days) and I'm in an area where the temperature is a little warmer, but not hot, I can fall asleep almost instantly. I figured it was just warm due to the 100 degree weather we have been having, but after a little while it was getting unpleasantly warm.

I got up to check the AC and the temperature said 82, and if you know us, our temperature is never higher than 76 degrees during the day. The panic/frustration started to set in...our Ac wasn't waorking, it's 100 degrees outside, and I have two little babies, not to mention I hate to be really hot.

I called Victor and he ended up coming home to check the AC...it was broken for sure and the AC repairman couldn't come out until the following day. By this time Tristan woke up from his nap, and as you can probably guess, he was super hot and sweaty (he gets hot if the temperature gets over 80 degrees). In the end I had to pack up bags for all of us and went o stay at Victor's mom's house for the night...a big thanks to Mildred for letting us stay at her house, even though she was getting back from a cruise that evening and I'm sure was completely exhausted and had a touch of jet lag.

Our AC got fixed the next afternoon and no problems since...needless to say, Tristan hasn't woke up with his hair completely soaking wet with sweat since!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT SUCKS!!! WELL GOOD THING YOU GOT A GUY TO COME OUT AND FIX IT RIGHT AWAY. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY BAD IF YOU WOULD HAVE HAD TO WAIT A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!-MELANIE