CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Close, but not quite finished

So Parker's nursery won't be quite ready for his homecoming, but I've come to terms with it. Of course all the major stuff is done...he has a room with furniture and bedding, clothes, diapers, you know, all the truly important stuff.



I ran into a couple of problems with some of the nursery decor because the colors in the bedding are just extremely hard to match. The painted wall letters, that I posted pictures of a few posts ago, just aren't going to work. The background color was totally wrong and didn't look right in his room, so I had to scrap them (I know, this was a waste of money, but it would drive me absolutely bonkers to leave them up knowing they didn't look good). Instead, I am going to put up framed wood letters that we are going to paint choclate brown and the green-blue color of the accent wall in his room. Unfortunately, they won't arrive until next Monday and we still have to paint them. Here's a picture off the site I ordered them from...just imagine them saying "PARKER" and the brown and green-blue colors.



The letters are going to go on the wall above the dresser and will tie in nicely with the square car canvases that I hung up on the painted wall. The car canvases turned out fantastic and really pop out well against the green-blue color of the wall (see the first picture on the post).

On the other two walls I planned on putting up some wood signs that said "vroom" and "beep", but I ran into problem with those too. They came in last Saturday but were not made how I ordered them and were of very poor quality...again, I had to go back to the drawing board. I still really liked my original idea and had a vision of how they would look in my head so I did a lot of searching on the internet and found a company to make the signs exactly how I wanted them...it's actually the same company I ordered the framed letters from, so these signs won't be here until next Monday either and they are unpainted too. We are going to paint them in the chocolate brown and hang the two signs that say "Vroom" over each of the doorways and the two signs that say "Beep" on the wall with the windows.





In addition to the "Beep" signs, I am going to hang some wooden car cutouts I had made over the half-moon window. The lady making these for me has been working really hard to make them "perfect" over the last two weeks and sent me a final picture today.



She is mailing them tomorrow and they should be here Wednesday or Thursday, so I may get to see them before I have Parker. Aren't they too cute?

So, after all those things arrive, are painted and hung up, Parker's room will be complete...maybe by the end of next week. Even though we still have all this to do, I did manage to get some other small finishing touches complete this week.

I took Parker's pillowcases and blanket to be monogrammed, and after picking the perfect fonts and having a certain color thread ordered (to match this forever hard to match bedding), I was able to pick them up on Thursday and they look great!







Also, my Mom finished the basket liner, added some houndstooth covered buttons to my rocking chair, added extra stuffing to the bottom cushion of the rocking chair (the cushion looked a little stiff and boxy) and finished two other accent pillows. Once again, kudos to my Mom because everything turned out perfect!







Well, I guess that's it until the end of next week for the COMPLETE nursery look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everything came out so cute...your mom is very gifted...i would have never guessed that it wasn't made by the company that made the bedding..-melanie