CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Quick Update About Parker

I haven't had a chance to post about my Tuesday visit to the doctor for our 30 week check-up yet, so here goes.

Not a whole lot to say and no sonogram pictures...the doctor did the normal stomach measure with the tape measure and listened to Parker's heartbeat. The heartbeat was 136, totally normal, and my stomach measured at 32.5. That makes me only about 2.5 to 3 weeks ahead, which I am perfectly happy about...I feel so big that I was seriously expecting to go in and measure like 35 or 36! She reassured me that it is normal to get bigger faster with your second pregnancy and that the baby is progressing normally.

Also, I didn't gain any weight since my previous appointment, so that puts me at about 20 pounds thus far, all of which I gained in my second trimester! When I didn't gain any weight in my first trimester I thought that I wasn't going to gain a lot of weight or get very big with this pregnancy...I had already heard the rumors that you start to show and get much bigger with your second, but I thought I was going to be the exception. Well, apparently I was wrong because I made up for it in the second trimester by gaining a pound and a half a week.

The only other new things going on are I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions, painless for the most part, just my stomach tightening until it is rock hard making it difficult to move around until my stomach untightens, some major heartburn, sensitive gums, sleepiness and it is definitely getting harder to carry Tristan around for an extended period of time. I'm actually feeling the way I felt during the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with Tristan...I think it is going to be a long 2 months ahead!

That's it for now until my next appointment at 33 weeks.

No comments: