CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Straw Obsession

"Why does Tristan only want to drink from a straw?" is a question I keep asking myself. He won't use a sippy cup unless it is one of the "straw sippy cups", which he has multiple of. If I give him a sippy cup with a spout he will either hand it right back to me or put it in his mouth for a minute, only to realize the cup has a spout, and then hand it back to me. This makes absolutely no sense to me because the liquid is so much easier to get out of the spout cups than the straw ones (trust me, I tested it out).

The obession with the straw has got to the point that I can't use a straw in anything I drink or he wants it, and throws a fit if I don't let him drink from my cup with the straw. So, normally I just don't use a straw in my drink, but a week or so ago we went out to eat and I ordered a strawberry banana smoothie, which a straw is pretty much required to be able to drink. Needless to say, I let Tristan have a drink and I think he drank my whole smoothie! When his mac 'n cheese came out we had to hide the glass (and straw) on the seat next to Victor just to get him to eat.

Yummy smoothie! Give me more!


Now, whenever I get a drink that requires a straw, I just put his drink in a cup with a straw too!

That's right, don't mess with me and my straw!

Serious cup and straw business

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Clinton, too, has an obsession with the straw. But he only wants to chew on it and stick it down his throat. I wish he was at least doing something productive with it like Tristan. Keep the pictures coming...I have a feeling they may slow down in a few weeks. ;-)