CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

My First Born Son

I copied this off Courtney's blog and it was actually a lot of fun to fill out...amazing how soon you already begin to forget things! So, now you just need to copy and paste it in a new post for yourself!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST-BORN PLANNED? Yes, took us only three months after we decided we wanted a little Kadish baby

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Excited, and couldn't wait to find out the sex.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? We'll just say I was in my twenties.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I remember I took my first test on a Thursday (I think) and it only showed one line (two lines would have meant pregnant). It was one of those "Up to 5 days before..." tests and that Thursday was exactly "5 days before", so I tried again the next day and same result. I went to my hair appointment that Saturday morning and decided I should take one more test when I got home since it was now "3 days before" and the accuracy remarkably improves at that point. This time I thought I saw a faint second line but wasn't sure. I sifted through the instruction booklet for some help on "faint lines" and found where it said that negative results would disappear completely within like 15 minutes but positive results would not disappear. So, I waited the 15 minutes and it was still there. Still not totally convinced I went sifting through the trash (gross, I know) looking for my tests from the previous days to see if the results were still there. I found one and sure enough it was still there. Always the unbeliever I drove down to Albertson's to get one of those "pregnant, not pregnant" test just to make sure...after reading the "words" pregnant on that test I was convinced!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Obviously Victor knew I was taking the tests that Thursday and Friday and I told him of my faint line that Saturday morning, but then I called my friend Melanie to aks her what I should do after sifting through the trash. She agreed that I should buy the "pregnant, not pregnant" test and after I took it I told her.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Absolutely, we were dying in anticipation for 20 weeks!!

9. DUE DATE? November 4, 2006

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I had a short period of nausea in the beginning if I didn't eat small snacks often but other than that I was relatively good.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Didn't really have cravings, although hamburgers sounded pretty good every so often.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I had such a pain-free wonderful pregnancy with Tristan (completley opposite with Parker), that I don't remember being really irritated, other than being perpetually worried about everything being okay with the baby.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? All boy!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Originally I wanted a girl so bad but now wouldn't dream of changing it. Although, I would still like to have a girl, just in addition to my wonderful little boys!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? Up until about week 39 it was about 25 pounds, but somehow I gained like almost 10 pounds in that last week...I am assuming it was water!

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, I had three, one at work, one my friend Melanie threw and one that my mother-in-law threw.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about all of them, and they were all wonderful!

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No, pretty much pain-free.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? McKenna Memorial Hospital, now Santa Rosa.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? About 11 hours.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Victor drove me after my water broke around 10 p.m. on a Thursday night. We had returned home for eating dinner at Red Lobster where I had stuffed my pregnant self...maybe all the food in my stomach gave Tristan the extra push he needed to come out!

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Victor (although he stayed pretty close up to my head), my mom, and my friend Melanie.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural, with an epidural, of course.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, I got an epidural relatively early. Victor likes to say I got it after 3 contractions but that's not exactly true...I got it around 2.5 hours after my water broke, those contractions were painful!

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs 3 ounces.

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? November 3, 2006

30.WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Tristan Alan Kadish

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 2 years, 3 months and 3 days


Tristan Alan Kadish, 7 days old

1 comment:

chelsea rose said...

That is such a sweet picture. It's amazing how different Tristan and Parker's baby pictures look.