CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Painting

A week or two ago I bought two small pumpkins for Tristan to paint so that he could express his inner Picasso. I stole this idea from a friend and am really glad I decided to do it. Tristan's teachers at Mom's Day Out had told me he really enjoys the art projects at school so I figured he would like this...correct!

So, while Parker took a late afternoon nap, Victor and I took Tristan out back to paint. He was very excited about his "apples" (what he calls the pumpkins, I guess they kind of look like an apple). He took to the painting right away, even tasting a little bit, I think that might be a side effect of painting with pudding we did a few months ago! Although, one taste was enough for him...I am sure it tasted nothing like the pudding did. He painted his pumpkin, took a few breaks to play, painted some more and definitely required a bath when all was said and done!

It's a pumpkin, aka "apple"

Where's he taking them?

The painting begins

Inspecting his work

Needs a little pink

Just a little more right here

Come paint with me Daddy

Daddy adding a few touches

Showing Tristan how it's done

Daddy cleaning Tristan, as always

What, isn't this what I am supposed to do?

The masterpiece, thus far

Water playtime break

Blowing a kiss to Mommy, I think

"The look"

Maybe he gets it from Victor?

Aahhh, a pretty smile

Such a little boy

What I thought was the final masterpiece

After he was covered in paint, Tristan then decided to undress
Down to nothing

So he could head back to the water

Back to paint the pumpkin a little more

Here Tristan I think you need a little more paint right here

Our mimic, after a little face painting from Daddy, Tristan added a lot more

Applauding for his job well done!

Here Mom, come take my brush before the fence gets painted!

1 comment:

The Quinn Report said...

Salem had fun doing it too!

My favorite is the one of Victor showing Tristan how it's done!