CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Little Halloween Spirit

I am feeling rather guilty right now because I didn't take out my Halloween decorations and Tristan would have actually enjoyed them this year (I think). I don't think it was just me being lazy, I really just feel like the month went by so fast that every time I thought about getting them out something else came up and boom, all the sudden, here it is 4 days until Halloween!

We did do the pumpkin painting (see post) and Victor and I each carved a pumpkin for the front porch, so we did put forth the the effort to get in the mood. But, I guess the Halloween spirit just wasn't meant to be around here because within 2-3 days after we carved our pumpkins they collapsed!!! First, we woke up one morning to find Victor's pumpkin had fallen off the turned upside-down pot we set it on and had completely caved in on the back side. I thought to myself, "at least mine is still alive", then the next day I went outside to find mine sunken in:(

I was really sad because our pumpkins looked so cute and Tristan seemed to like them...at least I snapped a few pics before they "died"!

Daddy's pumpkin (mean and scary)

Mommy's pumpkin (jolly and happy)

Tristan posing with both pumpkins

What are you smiling about pumpkin?
Not too sure about that scary pumpkin

Tristan with the happy pumpkin

1 comment:

The Quinn Report said...

We didn't even carve pumpkins this year...sigh. Maybe we'll do it after Halloween ( I love eating fresh pumpkin seeds!)