CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm BAAAACK!!!!!!

I know I have been on a major blogging hiatus but I just can't seem to get caught up in life and definitley not on this blog! Every time I think I am going to have a minute of free time something always comes up and I truly get about one minute of free time.

I keep racking my brain as to why I always feel like I am behind and always tired and I finally figured it out: I am a MOM to two boys under the age of two!!!! Just purely exhausting, that's all I have to say.

Okay, I won't spend any more of my free time telling you how little free time I seem to have lately and instead I'll get right to it. As I mentioned awhile back we have tried to keep the kids busy on the weekends by visiting a bunch of the local attractions while we have "nice weather" (aka before it gets deathly hot and humid and you fear the burn your seat belt buckle and steering wheel will give you).

One weekend at the beginning of March we headed out to the San Antonio Zoo. The zoo is becoming more and more fun as Tristan gets a little older because he actually recognizes the animals and can say quite a few of their names.

As we walked around the zoo checking out all the animals I was quite impressed by the interest my little two year old showed as he went from exhibit to exhibit looking for each animal, or so I thought.

Tristan would go to each exhibit, take a quick glance in and Victor and I would say "see the..." and Tristan would look and then move right along. Well, I finally picked up on what he was actually doing...I noticed as Tristan would look over into each exhibit he would scan the area, see the animal, say the animals name and then look for the most importnatn thing, water! Every time he saw an animal exhibit that had a water area in it he got super-excited. He was more excited about the water than the actual animal...he has such a fascination with water!!!

So I guess Tristan wasn't as interested in the animals as I thought, but he still had a great time. Here's some pictures from our adventure.

Getting ready to head out to the zoo

Catching a couple of z's on the way there

Oh boy, what can I really say about this picture???

Scanning for water I'm sure

Pushing away the paparazzi (aka Mommy)

Trying to imitate the frog on his sweater???

Tristan pointing out one of his favorite animals, monkeys, or as he calls them "abbas"...not sure why!

Daddy and Tristan checking out some of the hippos

Look at what they saw, a little hippo lovin'

Just the boys

Mommy and her boys

Parker pretending to be a monkey

One big turtle

Sliding down the turtle replica, with a little help from Daddy
So much fun he just couldn't stand it anymore

Two peas in a pod...no surprise I got a smile from Tristan since he was near water!

Completely pooped out after a fun day...the same way he started out the trip to the zoo!
Hope you enjoyed the pictures, and the post. I am going to try to get back up to date throughotu the week, so stay tuned in!!!

1 comment:

The Quinn Report said...

Wow, the boyz look HUGE!!!!! What size clothes is Parker in??????