CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

Ducks!!!

My friend Melissa and I took the kids (her two, Kaeson and Kolby, and my two) to the the park the other week to feed the ducks and hit up the playground since it was like 85 degrees and gorgeous outside.

Tristan and Kaeson had a great time feeding the ducks, even though the ducks weren't all that interested. I think since the weather had been so nice that a lot of people had gone to the park with the same idea and the duckies just weren't that hungry...maybe we'll try going on a dreary, ugly day next time!

Anyways, the ducks weren't that hungry but the big giant geese are ALWAYS hungry and immediately swam right over for some food. Tristan, having no fear as usual, decided to feed one of the geese straight from his hand, and I happened to catch it on video (which I posted below)...hilarious because he didn't get bit, but a little scary afterwards. I had to tell him afterward that we only throw the bread in the water because ducks bite. He just looked at me with this look of why on earth we don't feed them straight from our hands!!! The funniest part happened later that night when Victor got home from work and asked Tristan what he did he today and Tristan told him "ducks bite"! He's really starting to remember and process what we tell him.

After the kids fed the ducks for a little bit we headed over to the playground for them to run around like maniacs. All in a day's work for this Mommy!

Tristan and Kaeson waiting for the ducks to swim their way

Of course they had to get on the bridge

Kaeson snacking on some bread...I guess he figured if the ducks didn't want it, he'd eat it

Tristan got bored and decided to look for rocks to throw

Tristan's duck feeding video

Parker and Kolby looking on from a short distance

Parker was content eating his snacks

Tristan and Kaeson on the playground

My very own monkey

No comments: