CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer of Swim!

According to the scorching 100 degree temperatures we are enduring EVERY DAY, I wouldn't dare say summer is coming to an end, but based on all the back-to-school commercials, backpacks and school supplies I see everywhere, I fear that is the case! The kids and I have spent a LOT of time in the water this summer, but Tristan has probably spent the most due to his twice a week swim lessons. Even though he missed a couple of times due to his tonsil surgery and crazy Texas weather (i.e. random downpours of rain at exactly his lesson time), he learned so much this summer and I can't believe what a little fish he is!

He took private lessons again with our friend, Ms. Shelly, and she is truly an amazing swim instructor. I wasn't sure how much he would retain from his lessons last year, but he really seemed to pick up right where he left off and just took off from there. He absolutely LOVED going to swim lessons and would hop right into the pool with no hesitation. And the plus side for me was that he usually took a nap afterwards! Not sure if it was the heat, the working hard swimming or that we were in the car driving home at about 3 o'clock, but I didn't care, he learned to swim and I got some peace and quiet afterwards...winner all around!

This week was his last two days of lessons, so I braved the heat with Parker by my side to video Tristan showing off some of the skills he mastered this summer...we usually sit inside the house while lessons are going on which is not Parker's idea of a good time, but he'll get his turn to swim next year! Check out these clips to see Tristan in action.








So, can you believe it? This boy can swim! I can't wait to see how much more he can do by the end of next summer!


Tristan giving Ms Shelly a big hug

And Tristan, Ms Shelly and his ice pop!


1 comment:

The Aldrich's said...

Wow, I am impressed! I hope Abby is that good one day. We have improved also and atleast she is now wanting to put her face in the water. :) Great videos and so proud of Tristan!