CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's ALWAYS playtime!

It seems like from the moment Tristan wakes up to the very last second before his eyes shut for the night he wants to PLAY.

It all starts out in the morning around 8 a.m. when I hear sounds coming through the monitor (yeah, that's right, we finally got him sleeping in his crib). I hear little laughs and a lot of "hi" and "bye" all in a sweet, happy voice. I walk into his room and see that he is completely amused playing with his pacifiers, putting one in, then picking up another one, dropping the one currently in his mouth, putting the new one in, and so on. He does this with all the pacifiers he can find and is completely entertained. I know it might sound strange that he has more than one pacifier in his crib, but we keep 4 to 5 pacifiers in his bed overnight that way if he loses one in the middle of the night all he has to do is reach around to find another one so he can go right back to sleep, which has worked wonderfully!

After getting him out of his crib and giving him his morning milk, Tristan is ready for a hard day of play. He can't wait to get down and run around the house, destroying everything in sight. He opens the drawers that aren't locked and takes everything out in the bathrooms and kitchen, plays with all his toys in the living room, then goes to his room and starts playing with toys...he moves from one room of the house to another, playing with any and everything he can get his little hands on. He seems to think that nothing is off limits, even if it is not really a toy. If it has a button to push, he'll push it. If he can pick it up, he'll throw it. If he can open it, he'll open it right up. If he can crawl or walk under or through something, he'll do just that. If it has a cord or handle attached, he'll drag it around or turn it on (it has been months since we have had the handles screwed on for the jacuzzi tub).

This goes on all day long, only interrupted by meals (which I have to remind him about) and 2 naps (which he needs to replenish the non-stop bouts of energy and craziness). Lately I spend half of the day following him around picking up his messes, he is great at taking things out, not so good at putting them away, and the other half of the day playing with him. Some of his favorite games tend to involve another person, like throwing balls back and forth and into the basketball hoop and chase (both things that Victor taught him a little too well!). I am completely exhausted at the end of the day and I probably don't exert half the energy he does, but I can blame that on being pregnant right now!

Check out the playtime pics and video I snapped recently.

Putting his money in the piggy

"Look at all my money"
"I'm rich!"
Chunking the basketballs
Looking sweet and innocent (we know better)
Opening and closing the door

Another one of those "innocent" pictures
"Do I have to put these back in the box?"
Reaching as far as the can to get to the buttons
Crawling under the playgym (we got this out for my friend's 3 month
old, but I think Tristan had more fun with it)
A little taste test

"Okay, I just need to push this button to make the balls come out"

"I'm waiting"

"Where are they?"

"I guess I'll just have to stick my hand down here and grab them"

"Watch me Mommy"

"Oh, you didn't want me to throw them at you?"

Playtime video, part 1 (click the arrow twice)
Playtime video, part 2 (click the arrow twice)

No comments: