CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 11, 2010

My Second Job...The New House!!!

One of the things (other than the two kids) that seems to be occupying all of my "free" time lately is the new house. Although I am very excited and thankful that we are able to build our new house, I am so ready for the whole process to be over!!

During the past few months Victor and I have dedicated so much time to the new house, I think we are truly ready for a break. I personally am tired of making decisions, doubting those decisions, mulling over them at night and literally driving myself crazy up until the point that I visually get to see what my decision looks like (and I can't turn around). Very stressful. And, that's just how I'm feeling, so you can only imagine how stressed Victor must be about this whole process!

But, I keep telling myself to keep our end goal in sight, and it IS getting closer, I think. We are supposed to close on December 1st so that we can get in and situated before Christmas, but at this point it's going to be tight, so please keep your fingers crossed for us.

So far I think it's looking pretty good. Of course there are already things we would've done different could we do them over again, or if we were on an unlimited budget, but all in all, so far so good. The outside is pretty much complete and the inside is on it's way...sheetrock and texture is complete, cabinets are delivered (but not all installed:/), trim work has begun, and some interior doors hung. But there's A LOT to get done still inside, definitely going to be tight until the end.

Anyways, here's a few pictures of the progression of the house from the beginning until now. I'll post more pics of the inside as it comes along!

Poring the slab - June 23



Framing begins - July 10
Still framing (lots of rain!) - July 21


Looking like a house - July 25

Getting some detail inside - August 10













Front doors are here - August 13




Sheetrock, tape and float - September 11















Working on the outside - September 24



Outside pretty much complete - October 3


2 comments:

chelsea rose said...

It's looking good! I can't wait to see the finished product!

The Aldrich's said...

it's looking great! I know you can't' wait to get in and start making it a home. :) Hang in there!