CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Time Between the End of Summer and the Beginning of School

The end of summer around here officially comes when all the public schools go back in session because everything shuts down even though it's still blazing hot and my kids always have at least two weeks before they start their Mother's Day Out "school". So that leaves me looking for activities to keep us busy during that in-between time. Good thing we've had a bazillion birthday parties lately (10 within 5 weeks to be exact) that have helped me out in that area!

I only managed to remember my camera to one of the said birthday parties and I didn't get many pictures that weren't fuzzy since it was at a jumpy place and thekids were moving FAST down those slides! But, we've been entertained a jumpy places, the bowling alley (a few times), Kiddie Park, the Children's Museum, and the list goes on!






In addition to all the parties, we've hit up Chuck E Cheese to play LOTS of games. Oh and I have figured out the best (and cheapest) way to go there is to feed the kids BEFORE you go (so they actually eat and you avoid any noon time crowds), then just buy tokens (and maybe a drink for mom) and use the internet coupon for extra tokens. I can spend $15 and get a ton of tokens that last us a good 2 hours and usually still have some leftover for the next visit!

The kids love the simulated roller coasters, air hockey tables, basketball and really any other game there that involves, hitting, throwing, shooting something!







We've also visited our local Children's Museum quite a few times recently. I went ahead and renewed our season pass and am really glad I did. It's such a great place to take the kids for an hour or two, it's super clean and well maintained, and best of all it's air conditioned! Tristan and Parker always beeline for the train area and then usually head over to the space area...their two favorite spots, at least for the moment! Oh and the building section that has magnetic tiles gets a lot of use from my boys as well!








2 comments:

Courtney said...

10 bday parties gets very expensive!! We've also been inundated with bday parties lately. I've started setting a $10 gift limit and have been quite impressed with some of the deals I've come up with! Play Doh isn't too pricey, is often on sale at Target, and always seems to be a hit...with this age anyway. :-)

Samantha said...

Yes, it gets quite pricey!! I am alway son the lookout for sale and clearanced toys and I stow them away for future parties. And yes, play-doh is a good idea, and the kids love it, at least PArker always does!